Rules and Regulations
Music Singapore International Piano & Violin Competition is an international platform for pianists and violinist aged 4 – 28 years old. It aims to embolden the performing skills and improve the musical standards of all candidates as well as to increase their enthusiasm in learning music.
2. Procedure and Auditions
There will be two rounds, preliminary and final.
2.1. Preliminary round:
The competition registration ends 23:59 SGT on Sunday, 14 February 2021 21 February 2021. The preliminary round will be done by online video submission. A submission of URL address of your video recording is required upon registration. It is candidate’s responsibility to make a clear video, no editing should be made to the video and audio. Selected candidates of each category will proceed to the final round. An email will be sent to all finalists by 26 February 2021 05 March 2021.
2.2. Final round:
- The Final Round will be done livestream during the MOE school holidays from 13 to 21 March 2021.
- The time schedule and livestream procedure will be released by 26 February 2021 05 March 2021.
- The results from the final round will be announced on 22 March 2021 31 March 2021.
3. Eligibility and categories
The competition is open to candidates of all nationalities who fit the following age groups and categories:
3.1. Open Solo Category:
- Category A (Young Children): 4 to 6 years old
- Category B (Children): 7 to 8 years old
- Category C (Junior): 9 to 10 years
- Category D (Intermediate): 11 to 13 years
- Category E (Adolescents): 14 to 17 years
- Category F (Artists): 18 to 28 years
3.2. ABRSM Graded Category:
- Grade 1 – 2
- Grade 3 – 4
- Grade 5 – 6
- Grade 7 – 8
3.3. Candidate’s age will be considered from 01 January 2021.
3.4. Candidates are allowed to enroll for more than one category.
3.5. Candidates are allowed to enroll in a higher age group than their current age.
4. Repertoire requirements:
The same repertoire requirements apply to both preliminary and final rounds.
4.1. Open Solo Category:
- Category A (Young Children): 2 contrasting repertoires up to 6 minutes
- Category B (Children): 2 contrasting repertoires up to 8 minutes
- Category C (Junior): 2 contrasting repertoires up to 10 minutes
- Category D (Intermediate): 2 contrasting repertoires up to 12 minutes
- Category E (Adolescents): 2 contrasting repertoires up to 15 minutes
- Category F (Artists): 2 contrasting repertoires up to 20 minutes
4.2. ABRSM Graded Category:
- Grade 1 – 2: any two exam pieces drawn from different lists
- Grade 3 – 4: any two exam pieces drawn from different lists
- Grade 5 – 6: any two exam pieces drawn from different lists
- Grade 7 – 8: any two exam pieces drawn from different lists
4.3. Candidates are allowed to choose the same repertoires for both preliminary and final rounds.
4.4. Violin candidates are expected to arrange for their own piano accompanists or inquire for piano accompanist with the organizer at email@example.com.
4.5. Piano accompanists provided by the organizer are chargeable and available on fist come first serve basis.
4.6. Candidates who are not performing from memory are encouraged to use G. Henle Verlag or ABRSM publication.
5. Competition Prizes.
5.1. All candidates who join the preliminary round will receive a Certificate of Participation.
5.2. Medal and Certificate will be awarded to First, Second and Third Prize winners.
5.3. Special Prizes are to be awarded to selected Prize Winners.
5.4. Selected Prize Winners will be invited to perform at a concert and masterclasses in 2021. Terms and conditions apply.
5.5. Prize Winners will get prize by G. Henle Verlag Finest Urtext Edition.
5.6. Teachers who have two or more students selected as Prize Winners will receive a Certificate of Recognition.
6. Registration and fees.
6.1. Candidates are required to register online, click here.
6.2. The registration fee is SGD100.00 per category.
6.3. Candidates are required to submit the composer, title and duration of their competition repertoire.
7.1. We accept PayNow, Bank Transfer, Cheque, Cash, WeChat Pay, AliPay
7.2 For payment methods, click here.
8.1. The competition schedule is solely determined by the organizer.
8.2. Registration fees are not refundable unless cancelation of the competition due to unforeseen circumstances.
8.3. The organizer reserves the sole right to record and document the competition, any unauthorized photography, audio and/or video recordings are strictly prohibited.
8.4. By submitting the registration form, all candidates agree that all copyrights of their photographs, audio and/or video recordings belong to the organizer.
8.5. By submitting the registration form, all candidates authorize the organizer or its related partners/sponsors to use their contact information, including of marketing purposes.
8.6. Judges’ decisions are final and unquestionable.
8.7. Judges reserve the right to interrupt a performance at anytime of the competition.
8.8. Judges may present their students, however they abstain from judging them.
8.9. Judges reserve the right to award multiple/no prizes.
8.10. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations at anytime.
Registration for 2021 Music Singapore International Piano & Violin Competition is now closed